• Name: Daniel Arrocha 
  • 19 (09-01-1995)
  • Position: RB/LB/CB
  • Club: HB Køge
  • International Caps: 
    • U18: 5 matches / 0 goals
    • U17: 2 matches / 0 goals
    • U16: 1 match / 0 goals
  • Value: £25.000
This week we keep an eye on yet another Danish talent with an exotic name; Danish/Spanish Daniel Arrocha is this week's keep an eye on talent.

In his younger years, Arrocha played football in BK Frem, one of the traditional Copenhagen football clubs, before he and his family moved to Haslev in Southern Zealand. Suddenly, the daily commute into Copenhagen seemed to long and the defender joined the local club Haslev FC. However, after meeting Herfølge [HB Køge today] in a couple of matches, the defender went for one training and decided to join the 1. Division clubs youth department. 

In Herfølge and later HB Køge, Arrocha went through a massive development and played himself onto the Danish U16 national team followed up by spells at the U17's and U18's. 

“It has been exciting, both when it was just Herfølge and now when it is HB Køge and the focus is on youth talents. It has been good to play in HB Køge as a youth player and there is a good set-up here," Arrocha says about his youth years in Køge. 

“I achieved to make it to the youth national teams, and to get my debut on the 1. Division team. I have found out that I want to become a professional football player and the club has helped me on the way.”

Today, the defender is 19-years old and have more or less gotten a small breakthrough for HB Køges 1. Division team. After starting against Vendsyssel FC last year, the defender has been promoted to the senior squad - despite still being eligible for the U19's - and have played five matches since January. However, he has not played many matches on his favorite position in the center defends.

“I see myself as a center back and I prefer to play in the center defends, but I can play on both backs, as well. However, at the moment I am playing where the manager wants me to play and then I might get more regular position as I make my way into the starting line-up," the all-around defensive player says.

With his breakthrough, in the Danish 1. Division, Arrocha could soon follow other HB Køge talents footstep and join one of the Superliga clubs or go abroad:

“HB Køge is an interesting club because they are willing to give young players a chance, but also because it is a window towards bigger leagues," the talent says.

However, the fans will still see him at SEAS-NVE Park, the home of HB Køge, in the future. His current goal is just to develop and get as much experience as possible.

“HB Køge means a lot to me, but of course I want to try something bigger, but I’m only 19-years old so I am not thinking about the future somewhere else," Arrocha ends the interview.